[ntp:questions] lists.ntp.org uses an invalid security certificate....

John Hasler john at dhh.gt.org
Sun Sep 6 12:01:18 UTC 2009

David writes:
> It makes it difficult to take an discussion about "security" issues
> seriously when ntp.org can't even get a "accepted" certificate.

I hope you do not labor under the delusion that an "accepted"
certificate provides any significant security beyond the session
encryption provided by any https session.  All it proves is that the
site operators were able to write at least one check that didn't bounce.
--
John Hasler
john at dhh.gt.org
Dancing Horse Hill