[ntp:questions] PC DCF-77 signal emulation?

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Wed Sep 9 08:56:54 UTC 2009

John Hasler wrote:
> David writes:
>> If you can find the type of receiver chip and see the xtal and aerial
>> connections it's probably worth looking up if chip will pickup WWV. I
>> can't find my Conrad data but I think that also does WWV (output is
>> just demodulated carrier).
>
> I assume you mean WWVB <http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm>.

Yes WWVB

Actually I thought I'd cancelled that message within a minute of
posting as although the Conrad will demodulate DCF/MSF and others
there is no decoding which is probably more important seeing
they are clocks.

I know some chips have ability to also decode several of the
various time signals but can't locate thoe datasheets I downloaded.

Anyway the post obviously got out.

David