[ntp:questions] PC DCF-77 signal emulation?

John Hasler jhasler at newsguy.com
Thu Sep 10 17:56:56 UTC 2009

Pete Ashdown writes:
> The clocks take input from a module like this:

> http://clausurbach.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p50_dcf77-module-for-our-nixie-clock-kits.html

> It looks pretty much line an antenna to me.

That's a complete radio receiver, including antenna.  There is an IC, a
crystal (used as a filter), and a few discrete components on the board.
The output will be raw DCF77 baseband data.

> It looks pretty much line an antenna to me.  So what I'd like is a
> preferably cheap option to duplicate that signal to wire directly to
> the clocks instead, sourcing from my Linux box.

The bit rate is one bit per second.  Emulate it in
software. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCF77>
--
John Hasler
jhasler at newsguy.com