[ntp:questions] ntpd: time reset problem

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:40:19 UTC 2009

On Sep 17, 10:52 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-tay... at blueyonder.not-
this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Don't worry about trees - a modern GPS such as the GPS 18x LVC is very
> sensitive, and can work with a lot of obscuration.  Although my GPS 18 LVC
> is sitting on the roof, the GPS 18x LVC works just as well sitting in a
> room on the top floor of the house.

I have a SiRF star III based USB dongle (US GlobalSat BU-353)</plug>
that I got a location off of in a basement room about 6 feet from the
window. currently it's attached to box whos' ntpd crashes every time
mention it. I think it's talking in the binary mode and the kernel
device
is tuck at the wrong speed. (I probably just need to restart it.)