[ntp:questions] FreeBSD or Windows-7 - which to install first?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Apr 3 16:38:21 UTC 2010

Folks,

After our discussions earlier this month, and the failure of my older
FreeBSD PC, I have decided to get a new compact PC based on the Intel
Atom, which will be used mostly for time serving as a stratum-1 server
(GPS/PPS), but occasionally as a Windows-7 test-bed.  So the question
arises - which order to install the two operating systems?

A - Install FreeBSD and add Windows-7?

B - Install Windows-7 and then add FreeBSD?

I'm much more comfortable with Windows-7, so I'm tempted by route (B), and
I suspect that FreeBSD may play better as being the second OS than
Windows-7 would.  I'm very open to comments.

Thanks,
David