[ntp:questions] Monitoring FreeBSD temperatures remotely

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Apr 13 18:49:38 UTC 2010

"Rob" <nomail at example.com> wrote in message
news:slrnhs9eho.n5.nomail at xs8.xs4all.nl...
[]
> Yes, you can add a PPS clock to the NTP configuration via the GUI.

Very impressive!

> When you don't have a DVD, you can use a boot cd and install from the
> network, or you can boot from the network when you have a PXE server
> running.  To get that running is of course more difficult.

No, there's no CD or DVD drive on this PC.  I did try installing FreeBSD
over the network, but on booting from a memory stick it only saw the
serial ports, and not the on-board network card.  I thought this strange
as the install I did eventually do /did/ see the network card..  In the
end I borrowed a SATA DVD drive from another PC.  <G>

> It is not bad...
> And there are other distributions available that may be doing even more.

Excellent!

David