[ntp:questions] Building FreeBSD V8.0 kernel for PPS

G8KBV dave at g8kbv.removethis.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 22:59:26 UTC 2010

In article <F49920CD-8C36-4B78-94F1-1D8D5C09243F at mac.com>,
cswiger at mac.com says...

> On Apr 13, 2010, at 1:40 PM, G8KBV wrote:
> > When I 'make buildkernel KENRCONF=PPSGENERIC'
> >
> > Nowt happens, except a short error message to the effect that it doesnt
> > know how to build the kernel.
> >
> > Err, what!????
>
> That should be KERNCONF, not KENRCONF.  Of course, you should provide the exact error message, rather than an interpretation of it.
>
> > Anyone here know what went wrong, or do I go looking for a newbie
> > friendly f'bsd group (not found one of those yet.)

> Regards,

Chuck:
Typo on my part.  In the posting AFIK.

I tried it a few times, though not to say I didn't type it wrong each
time.   It's late now and that machine is currently off, so will have to
wait till much later, like late tomorrow.

I can't copy/paste from the FreeBSD machine to this one, and I have no
idea how to copy paste from the command line/terminal screen, to a
floppy (or anything else!) but the error was very short, but almost
literaly "dont know how to build PPSGENERIC"  No other details were
shown.

Michael:
As to 'cd /usr/src' before issuing the make command, yes, of course I
did that, but you are right to to ask.

Nite nite.
Dave B