[ntp:questions] Building FreeBSD V8.0 kernel for PPS

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Apr 14 07:04:53 UTC 2010

> Hi all again.
>
> I'm still trying to follow the instructions at:-
> http://blog.doylenet.net/?p=145
[]
> I did have to go back into sysinstall, to download and install the
> system sources, but after that, right up to the make buildkernel....
> command, all had gone as described.
>
> So, what's missing, and where how can I get it.
>
> Anyone here know what went wrong, or do I go looking for a newbie
> friendly f'bsd group (not found one of those yet.)
>
> Cheers.
>
> Dave B.

Dave,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.  Those instructions had worked for
me.  IIRC, I had downloaded the "kernel developer" set of files when
installing FreeBSD.  Perhaps you're missing a compiler or a linker?

To get a log of the session, you could login remotely over SSH.  Enable
SSH

  http://nixcraft.com/all-about-freebsd-openbsd-netbsd/505-enable-ssh-service-bsd.html

and then see:

  http://www.scriptinstallation.in/freebsd_permitrootlogin.html

I use the TeraTerm Pro (free) Windows terminal emulator with this SSH
add-on:

  http://web.archive.org/web/20050702021104/http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

At least you can the cut-and-paste the last few lines with the error.

Cheers,
David
  http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html