[ntp:questions] Monitoring FreeBSD temperatures remotely

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Wed Apr 14 08:39:13 UTC 2010

David J Taylor wrote:
> No, there's no CD or DVD drive on this PC.  I did try installing FreeBSD
> over the network, but on booting from a memory stick it only saw the
> serial ports, and not the on-board network card.  I thought this strange
> as the install I did eventually do /did/ see the network card..  In the
> end I borrowed a SATA DVD drive from another PC.  <G>

There are these nice little USB Adapters available for small money
that provide a 40pin/44pin pata and an sata interface and come with
a "fitting" powersupply. ( forex : Digitus DA-70148-1 )

Very usefull for systems that have been reduced to USB only.
the SuSE install is rather refined these days.

uwe