[ntp:questions] how to have offset < 1ms

lhommedumatch ludocluba at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 23:35:52 UTC 2010

On 15 avr, 00:32, John Hasler <jhas... at newsguy.com> wrote:
> lhommedumatch writes:
> > But I'm just responsible for one device. So the problem is how can I
> > be synchronized to ntpgmtaceb.
>
> Is the ACEB box near your equipment or elsewhere on the ship?  Are there
> any switches or routers between you and it?  Do you or your group
> control it?
>
> If it's nearby perhaps you could hook into one of it's RS232 or PPS
> ports?
> --
> John Hasler
> jhas... at newsguy.com
> Dancing Horse Hill
> Elmwood, WI USA

The ACEB box is near my equipment.
My PC and the ACEB box are both connected to a CISCO Catalyst 4510R.
We have encountered problem with the ntp card of the clock several
years ago.
When too many clients are connected the clock used to have problems.
May be this problem of latency and asymmetry comes from the ntp card.