[ntp:questions] how to have offset < 1ms

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 16:52:58 UTC 2010

unruh wrote:
> On 2010-04-15, John Hasler <jhasler at newsguy.com> wrote:
>> Rob writes:
>>> I think [Bill Unruh] is just a student with no professional experience
>>> at all.
>> ROFL.  I suggest that you consult Google.
>
> His comment is fair enough. I do not have professional experience in
> running a shipboard timing, or dealing with procurement officers.
>  I just have a physicists idea that a kludge solution is better than no solution.
> Once you have proven it works, you can then spend the 3 years and
> countless memos trying to get official space on the hull to mount the
> receiver.

Errr. . . .  I don't thing you want to mount it on the hull.  The hull
is the part that keeps the water out, provides a place to put engines
and other necessary machinery, etc.  I think you want to put the antenna
somewhere on the superstructure and the rest of the electronics
somewhere on the bridge.