[ntp:questions] Building FreeBSD V8.0 kernel for PPS

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Apr 15 19:11:25 UTC 2010

> Well..
>
> It compiled and installed OK now!  :)
[]
> Next step, to spark up NTPD and see if that plays.  But that may have to
> wait till next week, as I'm away for the weekend now.   I already have a
> pre configured GPS RX ready to go however.
>
> Thanks everyone for your time and patience.
>
> Dave B.

Excellent, Dave!

Frustrating that it took so long, but at least there's a logical
explanation for the failure.  Once you get it running, it will be
interesting to compare with and without the kernel more (a one character
change in ntp.conf and a restart) and see what the different in
performance is.

I'll be distracted for several hours by the motor racing this weekend!

Cheers,
David