[ntp:questions] Reference Clock driver for getting time via "date" command over telnet?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Fri Apr 23 07:48:14 UTC 2010

Movis wrote:

> issue is not one of security, and I did not state that it was. While

Security would be the only reasonable explanation for imposing such a
constraint, which is why everyone assumes it is the reason.

> most people would not choose to do this, it is simply the case that I
> have made the assessment that this solution would suit my needs and I
> seek to implement it.

You are on your own.  You have imposed unnecessary constraints on your
problem and are asking us to provide a solution within those,
unreasonable, constraints.

This is an extreme case of a common problem with support forum
questions, which is that people ask how to make their solution work,
when they should ask how best to solve their underlying problem.

(Although this doesn't look like the case here, another reason for
over-constrained support requests is college homework.)