[ntp:questions] General ntp architecture question

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Tue Aug 3 08:20:11 UTC 2010

Danny Mayer wrote:

> Ryan can you please give quote the reference to this document? You
> didn't include it. You also didn't state in what jurisdiction this is valid.

I think this is an extra-governmental document.  The valid jurisdiction
will be any country that accepts Visa or Mastercard, and probably
others, payments, i.e. it will be a requirement of the merchant contract
for accepting card payments.

I've seen PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard popping
up in several forums recently, so it looks like it is quite a new
initiative.

This is probably the questionnaire that is being referred to, although
one may well find if one navigates back up one can find more detailed
guidance or requirements.

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/docs/pci_saq_d.doc