[ntp:questions] Trouble with XP IPv6 ntp client (still unable to connect to link local ntp server)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Aug 8 06:34:57 UTC 2010

"Danny Mayer" <mayer at ntp.org> wrote in message
news:4C5E353F.5000006 at ntp.org...
[]
> Which Dave Hart and I have. We did most of the work here but I seem to
> remember someone else did some too and it may not have been tested
> properly at least on Windows.
[]
> Danny

I've worked with Dave Hart on quite a lot of the Windows testing - 2000,
XP, Vista and Windows-7 - but I don't run IPv6.  Indeed I've turned it off
on the Vista and Windows-7 PC because of the trouble it caused (you could
never be sure quite what route something would take - IPv4 with controlled
addresses, or IPv6 with self-allocated addresses).

So whilst I would like to help, I am unable to help this time.  My Web
site contains quite a lot of NTP and Windows information:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/

Cheers,
David