[ntp:questions] Trouble with XP IPv6 ntp client (still unable to connect to link local ntp server)

Mon Aug 9 23:50:55 UTC 2010

Danny Mayer wrote:
> Terje Mathisen wrote:
>> I have preached the same for a few years, but then I read an article
>> from/about VMware where one of their architects stated that the latest
>> ESX product gave even better results when running ntpd on the client OS.
>
> Do you have a reference?

Although apparently not related to XP,

"Note: In all cases use NTP instead of VMware Tools periodic time synchronization."
Timekeeping best practices for Linux guests  KB Article: 1006427   Updated: Aug 3, 2010
<http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1006427>

  will be added to the BlackLists.