[ntp:questions] What have I broken now?.......Fed 12 to Fed 13 upgrade.

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 21 01:36:24 UTC 2010

I had a Fed 12 server that was working as a time server fine.

The setup was perhaps a little unusual in that it would run a script
to check it's clock against a GPS timesource every couple of hours and
then set it's clock against the GPS timesource.

This machine would then act as the timeserver to the rest of the network.

It was accurate enough for my needs (accurate to about half a second.

Since I've upgraded to FC13 the rest of the boxes on the network have
started to time drift.

I've had a read of the docs but can't see what has got broken.

Could someone please give me some suggestions as to how I can identify
and resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony