[ntp:questions] Decommission NTP server

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Aug 25 19:52:01 UTC 2010

> 'ntpdc -c monlist' is your friend, it will list the last 600-700
> clients.
>
> If you have a lot more clients than this, then you'll have to either
> install a new/dev ntpd version or insert WireShark or a similar sniffer
> on a mirror of the server switch port.
>
> Terje

Terje,

I just tried this on my local stratum-1 PC, and was surprised to see the
backup upstream servers listed, as well as my local clients.  I'm not
expecting to serve time to the rest of the world, so is this a result
which should be expected?  I have no restrict or other security lines in
the config files, and I have no incoming port forwarding set up on my
router for UDP/123 (or TCP/123).

Puzzled!

David