[ntp:questions] Garmin GPS18x LVC 5m - Centos 5.5 - Kernel 2.6.18 - gpsd

Q .. at ..
Tue Dec 28 13:53:21 UTC 2010

"David Lord" <snews at lordynet.org> wrote in message
news:6utou7-ut8.ln1 at p4x2400c.home.lordynet.org...

> On NetBSD I've had periods when rms offset as from
> peer_summary, has remained below  10us for many days.
> Mean offset is usually near 0.000ms. I don't have
> reliable reception so would  expect lower offset with
> a higher aerial position.

Alas I run RHEL/Centos and don't fancy swapping to a BSD.

I've had a little more time to look at things today and I'm wondering about
patching my kernel.

Now I'm very new to this and of the handful of guides I've seen on the net
I'm not feeling 100%.

Has anyone got any tips for the easiest/safest/best way to patch my current
kernel or point me in the direction of a stock kernel that supports PPS
fully?