[ntp:questions] Problem building ntp in an rev. controlled environment

bombjack bombjack99 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 15:58:36 UTC 2010

hi all,
I have tried real hard to get ntp to build in a clearcase version
controlled environment. If I try to build "vanilla", everything works
and builds. But as soon as I check everything in and tries to build I
get into problems. It seems that as part of configuring alot of
"touch" is done to e.g. Makefile.in. Why is that necessery?

Nevertheless, If I check every file out and then try to build, it
still fails! I have done binary diff on every single file and they are
exactly the same as vanilla. I've  checked file attributes as well -
all well. Are ntp as part of building checking file dates or
something? Because that is the only thing that changes when I put
files under version control.