[ntp:questions] Garmin GPS18x LVC 5m - Centos 5.5 - Kernel 2.6.18 - gpsd

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Tue Dec 28 16:35:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 15:00 UTC, David J Taylor
<david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> As I never needed fudge before, why should I suddenly start to need it? And
> 0.650s sounds rather larger than the measurements would suggest.
>
>  http://www.dangl.at/ausruest/gps18lvc_e.htm
>  http://www.dangl.at/ausruest/gps_osz21.gif
>
> (or is the timing from the end of the NMEA, not the beginning?).

ntpd timestamps the CR/LF at the end of each NMEA sentence.  According
to this thread:

http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2010-December/052859.html

the latest (3.50) firmware for the Garmin GPS 18x LVC shifts the NMEA
generation even later in the second.  You might want to try reverting
to an earlier firmware.

Cheers,
Dave Hart