[ntp:questions] fudge time1 for gps-18x-LVC?

Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" at ntp.org
Sun Feb 7 14:59:46 UTC 2010

David J Taylor wrote:
> "unruh" <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
> news:slrnhmrgjr.e6q.unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
> []
>> He said that he had left the GPS18 in its default mode, where much more
>> than a single sentence is sent out ( about 4 of them if I remember
>> correctly). He shold probably set it so just the single required
>> sentence is sent out.
>
> Indeed, but I think we've talked about this before with David and
> "default" may mean "default for use with NTP". We'll see. Certainly the
> single sentence is the best - I happen to use: $GPRMC.

I'm trying to make $GPGGA the default, it is a much more informative
sentence (using 'mode 2' in the server statement specifies this):

It contains the current time (hms), position (ddmm.mmmm), nr of visible
sats, DOP etc, which makes it easy to write a little perl script to
process the clockstats file to gather all sorts of interesting statistics.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>