[ntp:questions] NTP.conf using Dave Hart code.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.delete-this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Wed Feb 10 09:05:34 UTC 2010

"Dave Hart" <davehart at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ee10a4f9-ec56-4be1-a068-70170ffbde24 at s25g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 9, 21:08 UTC, "David J Taylor" wrote:
>> Yes, quite a lot of differences.  I put together a rather mixed bag of
>> notes here:
>>
>>  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTP-on-Windows-serial-port.html
>
> Thanks for remembering to post that link, I should have mentioned it.
> I know of one other writeup of using PPS with ntpd on Windows.  It
> refers to an increasingly dated 4.2.4-based branch of mine with no
> mention of the newer binaries I've posted, but beggars can't be
> choosers:
>
> http://blogs.cae.tntech.edu/jwlangston21/2009/12/07/installing-and-using-ntp-with-a-garmin-18-gps-with-pps/
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

Dave,

I've added a link to Jeremy's page from mine as he has a nice clean
step-by-step guide.  Thanks for providing it, Jeremy.

When referring to your page:
  http://www.davehart.net/ntp/win/x86/

it would be nice of the versions were presented in date order.  The
present order looks to be alphabetic, making p19 listed before p2.  I
recall there being an option in Windows to list in "natural" numeric
order, but whether UNIX/Linux offers a similar option I don't know.

Cheers,
David