[ntp:questions] National time standard differences

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.delete-this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Tue Feb 9 11:52:18 UTC 2010

"cc" <cjcrickmar at googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:fc3f6bee-dc69-44ec-8525-0cdac516f2a9 at g28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
[]
> I wouldn't have thought so either and given that they all trace back
> to GPS it isn't likely either but it made me consider the natioanal
> security / financial implications of setting your national clock 10ms
> ahead of where everyone else thinks it is.
>
> Chris.

I suspect they all trace back to their own atomic clocks, which gives a
good frequency reference, and then they adjust the phase to all be in
sync.  These days I would guess that GPS is used for the phase (time)
sync.  There are others on this list who know far more about this than I
do, though.

So if your loan is 10ms overdue, how much extra interest might you get?
<G>

Cheers,
David