[ntp:questions] How to debug GPS PPS?

Dave Baxter spam at goes.nowhere.com
Mon Feb 15 20:56:31 UTC 2010

In article <a855cfc6-8774-4797-a73f-eb2099196020
@d27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, xyz2041 at gmail.com says...

> Thanks for your responses, guys.  Will reply in the future.
>
> Tried Garmin software to try to talk to the unit on a
> Windows box:
>
>    <https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsUpdates.jsp?
> product=010-00124-00&cID=170&pID=70>
>
> None of these 3 programs worked.
>
> Tried MS Hyperterminal.  No good.
>
> Tried RealTerm (<http://realterm.sourceforge.net/>).  Got to see
> the messages once I got it working at 4800.  RealTerm shows
> the dataflow just like a breakout box.  Saw that it is *not* sending
> PPS on pin 1.  Just sending messages on pin 2.
>
> Tried to send  a message to change to 9600, and turn PPS on.
> Ignored messages because of improper syntax.  Needs
> proper checksum.
>
> Does anyone know of software that actually works with this
> unit?

Try Garmin's "Sensor Config" software, for the GPS25 series, found at:-

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00124-00

or

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsUpdates.jsp?product=010-
00124-00&cID=170&pID=70

Get the SNSRXCFG program, and read it's instructions.  Or the earlier
SNSRCFG program, if it supports your device.

The SNSRCFG_320.exe program for the GPS16's I have, does also list the
GPS25 series as a base model it supports.

I'm sure if you dig arround Garmin's site, you'll find what you need.
If not, let me know.

Regards.

Dave Baxter.