[ntp:questions] Befuddled and confused, again...

Rob nomail at example.com
Tue Feb 16 09:13:30 UTC 2010

unruh <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Now, I am not sure whether gpsd will run on bsd, but I suspect it should
> not be hard to convert it to do so. The ioctl calls to the serial port
> or parallel port may well be different, but there are very few of them
> in the code.

There may be few of them, but one is very essential.
When there is no equivalent of TIOCMIWAIT available in your os, it will
be very hard to convert the code.

TIOCMIWAIT is the ioctl that returns precisely at the moment when a
handshake line (passed as a parameter) changes state.  This is
functionality you cannot simply emulate by calling some other ioctls.