[ntp:questions] 2036 rollover

jt jthu at free.fr
Tue Feb 16 18:52:31 UTC 2010

Hello everybody,

I would like to be sure that all the systems synchronised by the ntp
servers on the LAN won't encounter problem due to the NTP timestamp
rollover in 2036.

Has this issue already been resolved a long time ago, and should I
consider that all the ntp daemon available today are not concerned by
this possible problem ?? Should I specify a minimum version of ntp
daemon ??

Maybe the answer of my question is already contained in the web page
"The NTP Era and Era Numbering" dedicated to this subject, but my
english or maybe my technical knowledge don't enable me to be sure.

Thank you,

JT