[ntp:questions] National time standard differences

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Feb 19 19:03:52 UTC 2010

John,

See the documentatino on the filegen facility, the ntpq page and the
page on status codes and messges. When enabled, system messsages of
various types (sysstats, protostats, cryptostats) are written to log
files and made available to the trap facility which can be used to send
messages to a remote monitoring host. The capability to send traps has
been  implemented, but I've not used it myuself.

Alternately, the system health can be polled from afar using the
monitoring commands. The system and peer status words are designed
specifically for the purpose you crave.

Dave