[ntp:questions] ntp-4.2.6 doesn't compile for Windows

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sat Jan 2 19:12:43 UTC 2010

Danny Mayer wrote:
> Hassan wrote:

>> I can't use express edition because we have to use VC6 to compile ntp.
>>

> Understood.
>
>> But now that I've searched, I can't find the declaration of struct
>> addrinfo in VC6 headers !!
>> What should I download to have it declared ? Is there a code that
>> enables VC6 to support IPv6 ?
>> What about struct addrinfo definition found in ntp-4.2.6\lib\isc
>> \win32\netdb.h ?
>
> Instead of that, try including ntp_rfc2553.h in decodenetnum.c. That
> will define what you need. Make sure that ISC_PLATFORM_HAVEIPV6 is not
> defined. Hopefully you can get the getaddrinfo() emulation. You need
> that. I will look tomorrow at my VC6 build system.
>
> Danny

I was wrong about this. ntp_rfc2553.h was already being included. It was
a problem with platform.h in the lib/isc/win32 file which was
unconditionally defining ISC_PLATFORM_HAVEIPV6. However, there were a
number of other bugs which prevented this from being built using the VC6
compiler. I have put in fixes for all these for the next release of the
stable build. I expect them to be in 4.2.6p1-RC3 when that gets
released. See bug items 1448-1450.

Danny

believed to be clean.