[ntp:questions] Client doesn't drop failed source

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sat Jan 9 09:39:07 UTC 2010

E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists wrote:

>    However, if a prefer peer is among the survivors, the combining
>     algorithm is not used. Instead, the offset of the prefer peer
>        is used exclusively as the final synchronization source."

OK.  This is why this configuration is NOT simple!  My original
comments, and my reply to Michael, are based on not using prefer.  You
have used two prefers, and I would have to check the source code to see
how ntpd handles that.  It may average the two, or it may stop on the
first prefer peer that is still valid.