[ntp:questions] NTP server can not synchronize with external NTP server

Thomas Laus lausts at acm.org
Mon Jan 11 14:04:40 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-11, nast linux <nastlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hai David,
>
> Thanks for reply,
>
> I already ask to network admin to open udp 123 for time.nist.gov.
> And I checked my server at firewall log that could send udp 123 to
> time.nist.gov.  But I checked no paket from time.nist.gov.

Is the NTP host being used under NAT?  Maybe port 123 needs to be
directed back from the internet to that host.  Is the firewall rule
keeping the state of the connection when the port 123 rule is getting
used?

I guess it is time for a session of tcpdump or wireshark to see just
where your NTP packets are going and comming.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1