[ntp:questions] higher sync rates?

Raptor Victor vraptor7 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:08:55 UTC 2010

HI,

I have written a reference clock driver which basically uses the
refclock_timer function while communicating with the reference clock. Now my
reference clock can provide more than one packet per secoind but the
refclock_timer just accepts timecodes once per second. Thus my driver works
fine when the reference clock is having a sync rate of 1/sec but higher sync
rates i cant exploit. I tried to look in the source code but could not find
how refclock_timer is controlled.

Can someone please throw some light on the said issue that whether 1timecode
per second is the maximum ntp can accept (i.e. save in the circular buffer )
or can we adjust it manually too?

regards
Vic.