[ntp:questions] Timekeeping broken on Windows XP with multimedia timer enabled (-M option)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.delete-this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Tue Jan 26 08:31:58 UTC 2010

>> <http://www.veracityuk.com/products/timenet/timenet.php>
>> <http://www.veracityusa.com/products/timenet/timenet.php>
>
> <http://www.gpsntp.com/economic-ntpserver/>

Thanks, most interesting - I knew about neither of those products.

http://www.veracityuk.com/products/timenet/timenet.php
  "Accuracy: Ethernet NTP ±100ms overall" is not what I call "good
timekeeping".

http://www.gpsntp.com/economic-ntpserver/
  "NTP time stamp resolution: +/- 15 usec" - nice that it has SNMP, but no
specification of accuracy!

You can't buy directly from either site, which discourages an impulse
purchase.

I already have the GPS, and was looking for a simple computer (small and
low-powered) where I could run a FreeBSD or similar system.  Will see what
emerges from the router or David Lord's approaches.

Cheers,
David