[ntp:questions] what happens when sys.peer turns stratum 16?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Jun 2 13:27:17 UTC 2010

"Miroslav Lichvar" <mlichvar at redhat.com> wrote in message
news:hu5c32$pu$1 at speranza.aioe.org...
> On 2010-06-02, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid>
> wrote:
[]
>> .. including the popular GPS18 LVC.  So it's better to have a driver
>> which
>> reads the serial output of the GPS to confirm lock.
>
> GPS18(x) LVC supports a PPS auto off mode which can be enabled with
> "$PGRMC1,,,,,,,,,,,,,2" command.
>
> --
> Miroslav Lichvar

Interesting, Miroslav.  I was referring to this statement in section
4.4.1:

  "After the initial position fix has been calculated, the PPS signal is
generated and continues until the unit is powered down."

What exactly "auto-off" mode means is something I couldn't find in the
technical reference for the 18x.  I would love to think you are right, but
I am struggling for evidence at the moment.

Cheers,
David