[ntp:questions] SNTP with 1ms of precision?

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 19:04:35 UTC 2010

Marcelo Pimenta wrote:
> Yes!! My question is about ms(MILIsecond) a collegue of this forum said that
> NTP give nsec accurancy... Is impossible to have usec imagine nsec!
>
> Thanks

If you have a GPS timing receiver (different from navigation receiver),
with a PPS output, one edge of that pulse should be accurate to within
50 nanoseconds.  A serial output will tell you which second is marked by
the pulse.

Getting time into a computer without losing some of that accuracy can be
quite difficult.