[ntp:questions] SNTP with 1ms of precision?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Jun 18 06:23:27 UTC 2010

"David Woolley" <david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote in message
news:hve58p$8l3$1 at news.eternal-september.org...
[]
> Windows tends to use a broken SNTP.  Recent versions can be configured
> to act as (almost?) compliant NTP clients and servers.
[]

.. but thanks to the great work of Dave Hart, Meinberg, and others
recently Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows-7 can now use the reference
version of NTP rather than Microsoft's own version, even to the extent of
acting as stratum-1 servers with GPS reference sources.

I appreciate you will know this, David, but other readers may not.  I'm
enthusiastic about this, so I provided a couple of write-ups on setting up
NTP clients and notes on stratum-1 servers here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html
  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTP-on-Windows-serial-port.html

Cheers,
David