[ntp:questions] Quick sync between two computers not connected to the internet

unruh unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 23 22:39:36 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-23, Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com> wrote:
> unruh <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
>> Well, you might have to run a line out to the ground floor, or just
>> stick a $200 laptop with a connection to the data center. That is
>> slightly less trivial I agree.
>
> Which leads us to the interaction between the technically
> straightforward vs the administratively prohibited :)

That I can of course recommend nothing about. Your administration might
forbid you to install anything not sold by MS on your machines, and then
you could not install ntp at all. The vagaries of administrations
require a completely different set of things to solve. Are you sure that
they will allow you to sent ntp datagrams between the machines? Have you
asked?