[ntp:questions] Garmin GPS 18x LVS dead/stuck

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Tue Mar 30 12:17:10 UTC 2010

Hi!

My second 18x LVS is dead now within a year. Now I found a thread on
ntp.questions about stuck devices using firmware rev. 3.00. Mine used this, too.

Phil Newlon said that garmin support gave him a tool and instructions to
resurrect his device without waiting a month to discharge the buffer battery...
http://lists.ntp.isc.org/pipermail/questions/2009-August/024130.html

Neither Phil nor Garmin Support responded yet, so I wanted to ask in this
group if somebody has these instructions and tools?

With kind regards,
Wolfgang Breyha
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria