[ntp:questions] ldattach makes ttySx buffered !?

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Sun May 2 12:35:48 UTC 2010

Hi!

I'm running a soekris net4801 with openwrt 10.03. kernel 2.6.32.10 with
LinuxPPS patch and ntpd 4.2.6p1.

Today I recognized that my /dev/ttyS1 gets a input buffer as soon as I run
ldattach PPS /dev/ttyS1

The buffer is hold until somebody connects to /dev/ttyS1 and reads it. This
is reproduceable with "cat" at any time.

ntpd gets confused by the input at start big time and needs really long to
settle.

I have not found the cause of this yet. Has somebody noticed similar behaviour?

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria