[ntp:questions] nmea and initial large offset

Rob nomail at example.com
Fri May 7 16:03:28 UTC 2010

Kalle Pokki <kalle.pokki at iki.fi> wrote:
> Yes, but reference clock drivers don't use the ntp timestamp. Take a
> look at e.g. the SHM driver. There

Is this piece of code something that our friend does not want to change
because he believes it is doing the right thing?  Or is it merely badly
written by a contributor and nobody got around to cleaning it up?

I would say it is completely pointless to decompose a timeval timestamp
into separate fields and then back.  That only costs CPU time and induces
errors.