[ntp:questions] nmea and initial large offset

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Sat May 8 19:58:54 UTC 2010

Rob wrote:
> Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Please feel free to design your own algorithms to deal with the "systems
>> not running 24h/day" and, while you're at it, deal with temperature
>> variations and support drift rates up to 5,000 PPM, etc, etc.
>
> I don't feel free to design those because I can anticipate that the
> changes will be rejected and will not go into the distribution version.

Of course they will not go into the distribution version.  At least it
won't go into Dave Mills' distribution.

IF you can make it work across the full spectrum of NTPD usage it will
be distributed somehow and people will use it if they perceive that it
does, and does well, things that the official *Mills" distribution cannot!

If Dave Mills says "It can't work!" I think the burden of proof that it
can and does work is on you.