[ntp:questions] nmea and initial large offset

unruh unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca
Mon May 10 16:44:04 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-10, nemo_outis <abc at xyz.com> wrote:
> "David J Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid>
> wrote in news:hs8a1j$a86$1 at news.eternal-september.org:

>> If there were a suitably modified NTP available, you
>> wouldn't need chrony in the first place!  <G>
>
> If your aunt had wheels she'd be a trolleycar.
>
> (which is the bowdlerized version of the original which ends in
> "your uncle")

By the original statement to which these were comments, I meant that
there were some small alterations in ntpd which would have ntpd use any
of its refclock drivers, and instead of feeding them to ntpd to filter
and discipline the local clock it would feed them to chrony which would
do the local clock discipline. Ie, it would only use the refclock part
of ntpd. This requires ntpd to altered so that instead of sending the
refclock readings on to ntpd it would send them on to a tunnel to
chrony.