[ntp:questions] OS users

E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists Null at BlackList.Griffin-Technologies.invalid
Tue Nov 9 01:35:59 UTC 2010

Chuck Swiger wrote:
 > Anyway, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems
 >
 > "Web client stats suggest that Microsoft Windows has about an
 >   88% share, Apple Mac OS 7% and Linux 1%.
 >  The correlation between desktop share and web client share
 >   is being increasingly challenged by the rise of mobile web
 >   access, which rose through 1% in 2009 and 4% in 2010."
 >
 > I don't think anyone would debate that Windows boxes are the
 >  largest users of NTP as clients, but I daresay that the
 >  breakdown of NTP _servers_ by platform would show a lot more
 >  FreeBSD (+ NetBSD/OpenBSD/etc) and Solaris boxes then what
 >  desktop client browsing stats might indicate, likely followed
 >  by MacOS X and Linux....

I would guess there are a few hundred million appliances with
   NTP clients (and many that serve as well).
  Likely a large percentage of those embedded OS are Linux,
   however VX Works, ThreadX, QNX, Windows CE, likely also have
   large market share.

--
E-Mail Sent to this address <BlackList at Griffin-Technologies.net>
  will be added to the BlackLists.