[ntp:questions] NMEA driver using common PPSAPI code

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Fri Oct 1 06:51:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Venu Gopal <neo.venu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> After spending some time I could see that there is an issue with using
> common PPSAPI code.
> I disabled ZDG messages (containing GPS time) and the driver is supposed to
> use the UTC time
> in ZDA messages. Here is the output of NTP log:
[...]
> I am running short of time at office, but will manage to spend time to help
> debug this issue.
> Let me know your suggestions.

I don't think you've provided enough information.  I have been
travelling all day and it's bedtime, so perhaps I'm missing something,
but I saw a lot of restarts and a number of +/- 0.3 second steps.
Please provide the ntp.conf, tell us what sentences you have the GPS
sending, and characterize what you see as misbehavior instead of
assuming it will jump out at me.

I hope others will have some insight, too.

Cheers,
Dave Hart