[ntp:questions] FreeBSD 7.3, net4501, ntpd & gpsd?

Göran Sandin gsan.news at mailnull.com
Tue Oct 5 19:47:43 UTC 2010

On 2010-10-05 21:16, David Lord wrote:
> Goran Sandin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to setup gpsd + ntpd with NanoBSD for binary mode of the
>> GPS (a Rockwell Jupiter TU30-D140-221).
>>
>> Both gpsd and ntpd are installed from FreeBSD 7.3 packages.
>>
>> gpsd is version 2.90 and ntpd is version 4.2.4p5.
>>
>> gpsd is up and running and xgps from another computer is receiving the
>> data.
>>
>> When I start ntpd I get these two comments in /var/log/messages:
>> refclock_newpeer: clock type 28 invalid
>> configuration of 127.127.28.0 failed
>>
>> Relevant parts of /etc/ntp.conf:
>>
>> server 127.127.28.0 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
>> fudge 127.127.28.0 time1 0.0 refid GPS
>>
>> Any ideas of what I have missed?
>
> I'd guess you have a cut down version of ntpd.
>
> Here on NetBSD I have 39 x ntp-4.2.6p2/ntpd/refclock_*.c
> although ntpd came from the main site rather than netbsd
> pkgsrc which is slightly older.
>
> You can probably add and enable just the missing ones you
> require.
>

> David

# ls -1 work/ntp-4.2.6p1-RC5/ntpd/refclock_*.c | wc -l
       41

It looks like I have 41 files.

Sorry I got two threads on same issue.

Current issue is how two include options when compiling the port. If I
do 'make config', I only see three options; NTPSNMPD, RAWDCF & SSL

I will try to use  REFCLOCK and CLOCK_SHM if I only know how to add
those options...

/Göran