[ntp:questions] FreeBSD 7.3, net4501, ntpd & gpsd?

Rob nomail at example.com
Wed Oct 6 07:27:21 UTC 2010

Göran Sandin <gsan.news at mailnull.com> wrote:
> To me it looks like there might be a difference in what was compiled in
> to the binary package and what seems to be default for the port (also
> noted is that the package and the port are from different versions).

I don't know how this FreeBSD stuff is maintained, but if there is
some central place tha you can contact I would suggest telling them
that shipping gpsd as a package and then shipping an ntpd package that
does not include clock 28 (SHM) is not a good idea.
When people want to use gpsd for time synchronization they need the
SHM clock driver.