[ntp:questions] being rejected

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Fri Oct 8 21:32:09 UTC 2010

a at b.cd wrote:

> ind assID status  conf reach auth condition  last_event cnt
>   1 61694  8000   yes   yes  none    reject
>   2 61695  8000   yes   yes  none    reject
>   3 61696  8000   yes   yes  none    reject
>   4 61697  8000   yes   yes  none    reject
>
> Now what does this mean? Why is my time not being synced? Where should I look for the problem?

Please do rv 61694, etc., but using the current assID values.

You have some rather strange domain names as sources.  Are these by any
chance local machines running w32time.  A common reason for rejecting
w32time is that it is reporting very large root dispersions, because it
hasn't been synchronised sufficiently recently to provide a time with
acceptable error bounds.