[ntp:questions] systems won't synchronize no matter what

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:28:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 17:07 UTC, Hal Murray wrote:
> How hard would it be to add some code to check to see if
> the IP Address from a server line will get rejected by
> the restrict statements and log a warning message?

That's not a bad idea, and I encourage you to pursue it.  The original
poster is using ntpd 4.2.2, so it will be a while before that sort of
change now would help those like the OP.

4.2.7 adds "restrict source" which allows you to set a different
restriction for all servers/peers listed.  So this will work:

server 1.2.3.4
restrict default ignore
restrict localhost
restrict source notrap