[ntp:questions] systems won't synchronize no matter what

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Oct 29 09:37:28 UTC 2010

"David Lord" <snews at lordynet.org> wrote in message
news:kmbqp7-l38.ln1 at p4x2400c.home.lordynet.org...
[]
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ntp.conf&sektion=5
[]
> In ntp distributions here (4.2.4p2 and 4.2.6p2 at least) there
> is a directory 'conf' with some ntp.conf examples.
>

> David

Indeed, but I was simply suggesting that in a document dealing with
ntp.conf, the presence of a simple working example of the file would be a
useful addition rendering it more complete, and would avoid the need to
search for and open multiple documents.  This would be particularly
helpful to those for whom administering NTP, or even doing any system
administration, is but part of their job.

Cheers,
David