[ntp:questions] Allan deviation survey

Joseph Gwinn joegwinn at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 13:22:13 UTC 2010

Unruh,

In article <slrni8ru62.i6p.unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca>,
 unruh <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> On 2010-09-13, David L. Mills <mills at udel.edu> wrote:

[snip]

> > ... And, by the way, mail sent to your alleged mail address is
> > returned to sender as undeliverable.
>
> Yes, I am sorry about that but it is done in order to slightly reduce
> the spam I get. It should be clear how to alter it, but I realise that
> that makes more work for the responder. For a long time I did not munge
> my address, and as a result am on a number of spam lists.

The address did not look munged to me either.  It makes perfect sense for a
physicist to name servers after physics objects.

The standard approach is to put the demunging instructions in your sig.  Like:
"Please remove reference to the entrance to a worm's burrow from email address."
Something too hard for a computer to figure out, but easy for a human.

Joe Gwinn